Friday, July 17, 2009

FF, Part 7, The End of Just the Beginning

If you are new... welcome. You can click HERE to get caught up.

On Friday, March 27th, 2009 I called Pat. I was sad, frustrated and disappointed in my body. She asked what cycle day I was on and I told her... 50. I had not had a period in 50 days...my body had not done what it was "supposed" to each month and what it HAD done med free in both November and December... her response "What are you waiting for?" :) Love her. I told her it was time and she probably needed to call me in an Rx for Prometrium in order to induce AF so we could run another cycle. She told me that to follow protocol I had to take a PG test before I started the meds. (BAH!)

I called Husband and asked him to pick it up so we could start it that night. For those of you that know the family well, you know that more often than not we have "Friday Night Dinner" (FND)at Mother in Love's house. Well, that particular Friday night, SIL L had a Dr's appt at the town next to our house and MIL was going to be in the same town running errands anyway so I suggested that we just have FND at our house and order pizza.

After dinner the family all left and Husband and I had to run out to vote in our town. Begrudgingly I p'd on the stick that I knew would once again pop up negative and ran down the stairs to head to the town hall with Husband. Nope. Did NOT wait for the results. I KNEW what the results would be... I didn't need to wait for them.

We got home about a 1/2 hour later and I dragged myself up the stairs to throw the test away...but something caught my eye... wait. What WAS THAT? Was that TWO lines? NO? Seriously?

I grabbed the test (So much for romantically telling Husband over a candlelight dinner) and RAN BACK DOWNSTAIRS!!! I threw the test in front of his face and screamed "HOW MANY LINES DO YOU SEE!?!?!?!?!?!?" His classic response.... "Two. How many are there supposed to be?" :) I love that man! I seriously and purely and with all my being LOVE that man! :)

Neither of us believed it. I was spinning around the living room and we were trying to figure out how much longer before I could take another test... I drank more water and took another one about 15 min. later. It read the same thing. POSITIVE.

We decided (read: I decided) that I would take another test in the AM and then he was going to Wal*Mart to buy a digital test if the generic one showed up positive because I wanted one of those tests to actually TELL ME I WAS PREGNANT!

And what do you know... it did. :)


I called Pat that AM and had to leave a message on her cell phone (you know you are REALLY into infertility treatments when you have your RN's cell phone) letting her know that I wasn't going to take the meds. She called me back worried that something happened and was wrong and I told her that no... I just didn't NEED to take them because... I WAS PREGNANT!!!! She was BESIDE herself thrilled and got me scheduled right away for bloodwork and an ultrasound that Monday AM to see if we could determine how far along I was. It was still really early so we went again 5 days later... and there... we saw "Rice Baby's" heartbeat for the first time... At which, of course, I SOBBED :) And then... a few weeks after that... sure enough... there was the begining of "Teenie Mouse" :)


And here... on the date that marks 1/2 way through my pregnancy (20 Weeks Today), concludes, Fertility Friday posts... It was not the journey I expected to take, nor the outcome I expected to happen WITH NO MEDS but I'm SO thankful that is OUR story and that we can give ALL THE GLORY TO GOD for this little person set to arrive in Nov/Dec.

Thanks for all of you for being on this journey... now which one of you is with me when this little teenie person comes out and is screaming in the middle of the night for no apparant reason? Hello? Is this thing on? WHICH ONE OF YOU? :)

4 comments:

TracyMichele said...

Nope. Not me. I'm what they call a Fair Weather Friend. LOL. KIDDING. Call me anytime.. the phone is on my side of the bed! :)

Kat said...

Loved seeing you guys! Your blog is super cute. Also love the Fertility Friday post. Sweet u/s pic! That is one beautiful baby!!!

Anonymous said...

ME...pick ME...Me...pick ME...ME, ME, ME...did you get that???

der2jeter

Momma S said...

Oh, I'd show up! Call me any time, serously I love birth, even giving birth. Only 8 weeks out and I'd do it again. Such a miracle. I'd enjoy being a midwife. You know, even in a grainy black and white ultrasound photo, you can already see that your carrying a beautiful baby!