Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Weekend Report...Thurs - Monday 4TH OF JULY!!

Tradition is... to camp over the 4th of July weekend... it is just what Husband does... along with his sisters and now we have wrangled up some friends to join us...but after 28 straight days of rain with barely a GLIMMER of hope for dry over the weekend we made the decision NOT to sleep in the rain/mud/wet, hang out under tarps for the weekend and come up with 800 ways to entertain each other without the use of a lake, hiking trails or ampitheater. Stunk. But... as you'll see... we made the best of it...
We still decided to "camp out" just at L&L's instead... and don't think that meant we packed ANY less just because we were only going 20 min. from home...

We were lucky that the weekend weather at home ended up just LOVELY as you can see the actual NOT FAKE... BUT ACTUAL sun streaming in over Bets as she is snuggled by many little people...
Sky and I in ALL our morning glory...I'll have you know my face is one PG mama who spent the night in the TENT on an AIR MATTRESS with her DIE HARD camping Husband... one night people. Just ONE night. :)
And because it is WELL KNOWN that I do.not.work. when camping... Sky caught a picture of me IN THE ACT of grilling the english muffins for our egg sandwhiches. I told you we CAMPED! :)
Meanwhile... guess who showed up... crutches, wound and all... well... SOMEONE had to snuggle with Rebound...I mean REALLY!

Outside it was MUCH of this...
and more of THIS....
With some of THIS throw in for good measure...
but not for the girl who claims this is her "habitat" :) She was definately growing gills and fins by the end of the weekend...
and SINCE we WERE CAMPING... there was MUCH eating...
some... ate more than OTHERS... :)
I'm not mentioning any names...
So you noticed I mentioned I slept ONE NIGHT on the ground and by Saturday PM this girl wanted her OWN bed... so we headed home to rest and reeeeellllaaxxxx only to be back at L&L's first thing in the AM. I mean SOMEONE had to grill the english muffins?? :)
On Sunday PM we spent the evening relaxing and hanging out when we heard Rebound GROWL from the deck. You have NO IDEA how fast this girl JUMPED off the couch thinking that a certain large pointy creature had come back to give my dog some more what FOR... but alas... THIS is the kind of wildlife I LIKE seeing in my yard... bears and porcupines STEAR CLEAR... Bring on the DEER!
Monday was an extended va-ca day for me and we were invited over for dinner to Mama and Papa H's house... after an AWESOME summer meal eaten al fresco :) the boys did what boys do best... played... :)

(yes, please note the shirt, YET AGAIN!) :)
while we girls (and Diego) enjoyed what WE do best... sitting in the evening summer SUN chatting...


GREAT GREAT GREAT weekend... I love SUMMER SUN!

1 comment:

Mama H said...

Mooch looks like a statue in that picture!! HILARIOUS! Very fun weekend indeed!!!