Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lil' Help LADIES?!?!?

Originally drafted last week 6/25/2009

I am one of the last of my friends/family to get PG and enter into this un-founded (for me) territory that women have been charting since the begining of all time. Literally. Eve. She was the beginning of all time. But I still feel sometimes like I'm the first and ONLY one to go through this... it's the little things that the girls didn't tell me... like how BAD the sickies can be....how you literally have no idea how you are going to function through the day without tossing your cookies... except you didn't EAT any cookies because you can't stomach the thought of them... nevermind your favorite foods like pizza (GAG) and red meat (BARF)...

but this one... this one had me laughing/crying/giggling/sobbing on the phone with Laura Jane this AM. I'm wearing the dress below... roomy... cool... (it's MUGGY today) and feeling pretty good about being almost 5 months PG and wearing a NON-maternity dress. Here is a shot of said dress....(you should be able to click on the pic to make it bigger to REALLY see how loosey goosey it is...) I apologize there is no front facing pic... but I think you get the idea... just a simple little tie...Felt GREAT when I put the dress on... might have even twirled in front of the mirror... ahhhhhh something non-maternity that FITS... I'm a rock star... until...

I SAT DOWN. LADIES... WHY DID NONE OF YOU... NOT ONE OF YOU... tell me...

MY RIBS ARE GOING TO GET BIGGER!?!?

I CAN STILL FEEL MY RIBS... but seriously when I sat down at my desk... there was NO way AIR was getting into my lungs... Is there anything else that might sneak up and surprise me that you all want to give me a lil'head's up on?? Just giving you an opportunity here... anything?

5 comments:

Momma S said...

Ok, here are a few of my "favorite" conditions of pregnancy...
Swollen ankles, fingers, & feet
loss of balance
plump eyeballs, no contact lenses
shaving your legs gets tricky
and the list goes on....
Oh, but all of it is soooooo worth it! Hang in there.

IzzyBsMama said...

The thing I never expected was the HEARTBURN! Towards the end, even a glass of water would give me heartburn and I ate Tums like...well, like CANDY! The wierd cravings (like orange soda which I hate but LOVED pregnant) were also interesting :) But, it is ALL worth it and when your little one makes his/her appearance and you touch them, smell them, kiss them for the first time all the "fun" of pregnancy evaporates and you will be amazed how a piece of your heart is now out there for the whole world to see.

TracyMichele said...

Wait until a leg, arm or WORSE.. an elbow threatens to break on of those ribs. YOUCH. And surely someone has told you your hips will spread, right? Good times. Good times.

TracyMichele said...

*that should be "one" of those ribs. :)

~ Laurie said...

I always go up a b-r-a size (and not in the cup...I won't even GO there) when PG. Within weeks of giving birth I'm back to my old size.
Leg Cramps in the middle of the night....yeah those are a treat *eye roll*
And I always ALWAYS lose the ability to hold anything when PG. I drop MORE things ~ which shatter on the floor.