Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good to know...

Thank you all for your advice both in comments and in person (JJ) :) I do hope it does not sound like I am complaining TOO much because outside of the sickies I don't want to say this has been a BAD ride... THUS FAR... just a WILD, unexpected one! :) Please note that I am THRILLED beyond belief but I am also a planner so things to have a head's up on, for me, are helpful :) Thanks to all of you!

What I WOULD like to complain about is THIS...
I am just "documenting" but I'd like to vent (it is MY blog after all) about the weather... and the fact that in 22 days... 12 of them have had not a STITCH of sun... we are now in our 4TH week of rain... we ARE VACATIONLAND PEOPLE they call US THAT FOR A REASON... though the past two summers... I think we should probably get renamed to something along the lines of.... oh I don't know... SEATTLE?

Our gardens are water-logged and plants have drowned. Those that did manage to break through the ground are now covered in slugs. Lovely little creatures that love the damp...

the outside places that require tourists... yeah pretty sure they are hurting right now... campgrounds, water parks (who wants to go to a water park in 60 degree weather! bbbbrrrr) rides at local theme parks....

or what about the men and women who need to HAY (that is a verb for those city folk that read the blog) in order to feed their livestock and sell to others so that they have income.

Or just how about those people who choose to live in this great state but SAVE their vacation time for the 6 weeks of sun and warm that we are accustom to and are now realizing they should have taken it in JANUARY when... sure it was COLD but it was SUNNY!!!!

3 comments:

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

I AGREE!! BRING on SOME SUN!

bethany said...

Ha ha ha. Great job on the venting. Rememer, life could be worse. :-)

TracyMichele said...

What about those poor children who look forward to their summer vacation in Maine because otherwise they never get to camp out without the threat of deadly bugs or go swimming in a NATURAL lake vs. a manmade lake (just not the same), or pick wild blueberries on the side of the road, just.because? I can deal with a little rain but it is certainly beating up a couple kids who were excited about a trip to Maine. :(