Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Weekend Report SUMMER edition!!!

Grab a coffee, juice, water, cocktail... make sure you potty before you start... this is going to be a big 'un. :) Loads of pics... which I know is what you are all here for anyway... :) Thursday we took off and headed NORTH... have I mentioned how much I love NORTH!? :)I am a little concerned that if we take THIS much stuff when we go away for 2 days...exactly where is Teenie Mouse and all their stuff going to go? :) YIKES!? And it wouldn't be a road trip without Husband's stop for beef jerky. I love this guy :)
Mama H recently posted about how she has a place where she feels she can just take a deep breath and RELAX.... Once we get about 1.5 hours UP I feel that too...
It just makes me HAPPY....
We arrived at our destination in time for dinner with the family we were there to see... CountryDad's Cousin, her hubby, their four kids, 3 daughter in laws, and 3 grandbabies were all staying in the same area...I LOVE these guys... fondly refered to as Aunt C and Uncle M...Aunt C came to stay with CountryMum before our wedding as the CALM in the chaos... I LOVE this lady...
Uncle M is another story... him I'm not so sure about :) But he sure loves HUSBAND so I guess he's ok :) hee hee hee
CountryDad and Mum had been spending the week with the fam. in this little teenie (BAH) cottage...
with this view... not too shabby huh? And as I'm sure you remember... the ocean is CountryMum's favorite place....
This is my cousin's wife (we stayed with them, they are actually locals :) and we snapped a quick photo before returning to their house to...
do some prep work for all these people to show up for dinner... I love, sun, summer, tanks, food and my dog... I'm a pretty happy girl in this pic :)
Once the prep work was done, boys were back from fishing and lunch was had... we took off to the neighboring town to do some shopping, visiting, and hanging out in the park...
"Pretend like you like each other"...

that's better...
someone, not mentioning any names... (HUSBAND) might have filled this little boy's squirt gun that he didn't even know WAS a squirt gun until it had water in it... "Winston" had a BLAST...kid under the table... not.so.much. :)
They were buds from that point on...
after dinner with EVERYONE... we tried to snag a few family photos... here is one of the outtakes...
here are some a little better...
and even better yet...
this one is cute too but I'm missing someone... :(
I do love to get my "crunchy hippy" on when I roll into their town... the hat I'm wearing my cousin gave me... when I showed up... he showed me he'd gone to get another one because let's be honest.. they really are... THE COOLEST :)

As we headed out of town on Saturday we stopped back at my favorite of all places up there (except maybe now The Green Store which was equally as cool) :)
and Husband got HIS "crunchy hippy" on getting us some homemade peanut butter... yum!
As soon as we got home, showered and dressed we headed over to enjoy the deck and the pool at L&L's... surprise surprise... someone is BACK in (or maybe it's STILL) in her "habitat" :)
meanwhile...
and back in the pool...
and this was the ORIGINAL pic when they thought it was fun to be "locked up"...
but you all remember how THAT turned out :)
We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at L&L's, then went to grab pizza with them and back to MIL's with EVERYONE for the annual fireworks... a GREAT Saturday indeed!!!
Sunday we showed up at the CountryRents to drop off Rebound and catch a final glimpse of these guys before they jetted back home....
and we headed to perhaps my SECOND favorite place in the world... Husband fearlessly maneuvered the city (and you know we ARE Country folk) and we enjoyed the food, drink and HEAT...


until Preggo couldn't take anymore and we left in the middle of the 8th... I HATE leaving the Red Sox early no matter HOW far ahead they are... but it was too stinkin' HOT... enjoyed stopping and meandering on our way home and it was for sure a GREAT wrap up to a GREAT weekend....This guy makes me laugh like none other and being in a car with him for about 700 miles in 3.5 days was a GOOD time...

5 comments:

Mama H said...

Hey, he had on a NEW t-shirt!!!! Hahahaha!!!

Country Mouse said...

Do you know what is REALLY funny about that? if you are referring to the Bass Pro shirt... I BOUGHT that shirt for him when I went to visit Uncle M and Aunt C BEFORE WE WERE MARRIED... the thing is over 8years old!!!! :) I love my t-shirt man! :) BAH!

Momma S said...

You sure do fit a lot of fun into one weekend. I'm impressed!

TracyMichele said...

Is it disappointing or do you love that the most important thing I got from this post is: I LOVE YOUR BAG!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha.

Country Mouse said...

I LOVE it because I was kinda disappointed that the only thing that came out of a HUGE POST OF PICTURES was Husband's dern t-shirt! :) BAH so THANK YOU for commenting on my bag... (He sure does spoil me :)