Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Husband

It's been a while since I've gushed over Husband and I'm LONG overdue. This past week has further cemented to me that God hand-picked Husband JUST for me and I am blessed beyond blessed that he waited for me. We are a GREAT team and I would never have made it through without him.

I had a friend after she had her 2nd baby that struggled with b-feeding. Her Husband's response? Just forget about it and give him formula.

Not once through this process has Husband told me to "give up" or "forget about it". And this has BEEN a process long before this week. Minnie started out on an IV of sugar water, she had a tongue tie that had to be clipped, she had a "bad latch" and she has always been a lazy eater. We have not have it easy from the get-go in getting good food into this kid but Husband has been RIGHT there picking up my broken pieces and keeping me focused on the end result of being able to b-feed her because that's been my goal since I found out I was PG.

He constantly encourages me, makes food for me, tells me to get rest, gets water for me, makes tea, feeds Minnie her supplemental feedings and anything else that I ask him to do. He woke me up before he went to bed so I could pump, He drove us back and forth to the hospital this week and he didn't miss ONE appointment during his vacation. Oh. And did I mention he came down with a RAGING cold toward the end of the week? The guy who never gets sick? Yeah.

He also went above and beyond by bringing home flowers for me on Wednesday after the appts. He is just THERE. He is a hands on Dad (which we all knew he would be) and Minnie is the luckiest girl to have him.

See doesn't she look like she knows.... I think she does.



Thanks baby for EVERYTHING. You are our rock and we are both so blessed to have you as the head of this house and our fearless leader!

*click the pictures to enlarge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is'nt God wonderful?!! He gives
us His best when we seek Him. Praise the Lord! I am thankful for
he's my "favorite" Son-in-Love"
CM

Momma S said...

What gifts you've been given! Amen for you sista~