Monday, February 1, 2010

The Weekend Report...

Husband went away for his annual ice fishing trip this weekend leaving his ladies (and boy) to fend for ourselves...so what'd we do??? Had a SLEEPOVER at L&L's....all of us...see? Sleeping? :) Minnie loved being at TiTi's house so much she slept through the night BOTH nights :) good girl :)
It left us fresh to head to church and hang out with my girlfriends and make a WHOLE BUNCH OF FOOD!! Look for other recaps HERE and HERE. Mama H organized and we had a great time and went home with fantastic meals! :) Here she is making cookies. She had already packaged up homemade spag sauce she slaved over the day before.
There is SIL Bets and Momma S working on gingerbread loaf, cookies, and corn and ham chowder. I think I spy Momma S's stud muffin over her shoulder there :)
CountryMum came to babysit. The baby. Not the coffee :) she did a great job keeping Minnie ASLEEP :)
Here's my project, mid-mess. Chicken Enchilladas. YUM. Too bad I misjudged and didn't get to take any to my OWN home :) ah well... looks like more cooking for me once I make some room in my freezer :)
Our new friend, Gigi or Sweetie. Whichever you prefer :) She answers to pretty much anything but as a Mama of two and one on the way I think that comes with the territory. I really enjoyed talking with her, getting to know her better and spending time together.
I LOVE getting the chance to spend time with this sister in law. She makes me laugh, she is the BEST listener (is that a word? :) and we ended up at a bball game together and then crashing by ourselves at L&L's... nice, quiet afternoon... so fun and relaxing.
How many girls does it take to put together a chowder? :)
As I mentioned there were basketball games and Minnie and I went to Sky's but decided we had had enough day and wanted to just relax in our jammies. So when it came time for Daws late night soccer game we girls hung out in our jammies... Sky sure waited a LONG time to be able to hold Minnie.... all 9 months... :) She's super excited her cousin in here to play with... and I think...

She's going to have her Mama's touch. Here is the baby whisperer in training... Minnie was a little grouchy and when that happens typically Titi takes her walks around and around the island... with Titi not home... the torch was passed to Sky....
She did a GREAT job and we had a happy girl not long after.
Course it also could have had to do with the fact that we put the Contemperary Christian Music station on and had a raging singing and dancing party... :) Minnie does love music :)
Great weekend spent with family and friends and a SUPER nice distraction to the fact that my love, best friend and baby Daddy was gone. We sure did miss him though!! :) It's just more fun when he's around! :)

4 comments:

Mama H said...

Baby Daddy....OH MY WORD...hilarious!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deanne said...

I want to come do this marathon prep baking cooking thing. Can I get a special invite to join you? This would rock!

Anonymous said...

Julia, I love the pictures and the comments. God bless, Aunt Carol