Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter? Storm Feb 2010

Last night instead of getting MASSIVE amounts of SNOW like the rest of the country we had raging winds and rain... with storms like that inevidiably comes our road washing away... happens every time no matter what... I didn't hear how fast the wind was blowing but this one was def. a doozie... Click on the pics to enlarge for my comments
White water rapids anyone? This was the other side of the culvert/culvit (I never how how to say or spell it). Tomorrow I have a video for you and you'll be able to hear how loud they were rushing through the woods...
Thankfully we are the only ones who have to cross this section of road...
See the huge rocks...

I'm pointing to them with my toe...
Our woods...
On the walk back I took pics of the parts of our HOUSE THAT BLEW AWAY... the flashing is way over in the WOODS to the left of the shed...


Crazy storm. So thankful that our power stayed on through the whole thing, no trees came down in our yard, Husband had the day off due to no power at school and that Country Dad got some sleep last night so he could be back out there at 5AM today restoring your power...

No comments: