Friday, February 19, 2010

Skinny Minnie ~ Day Three...The Weigh In

Day One 8 lbs 11.4 oz

Yesterday....8 lbs 12.9 oz

This AM (THREE HOURS BEFORE the last two days weight check) 8 lbs 12.4 oz

The lactation consultant was not too concerned. I don't know about you but I am always lightest first thing in the morning.

We did a feeding session there and Minnie gained 2 oz before we supplemented with additional food. We go back tomorrow for another weigh in and IF things are OOOOKKKK we may be able to wait until Wednesday for the next weight check...

Last night Husband and I were been beYOND blessed by L&L with a brand new pump which should help things along SUBSTANTIALLY. It was MORE than they should have done and I literally SOBBED AND SOBBED (what's new these days right?) at their generosity. Overwhelmed by my family once again.

I'm all over the au natural Mother's Milk tea....waiting for it to finish seeping on the counter as I type. The concern with the herbs in this tea is low blood sugar though so we will have to keep an extra close eye on that.

I have noticed through this process of trying to make more food for Minnie that I am having more frequent low blood sugars which does indicate to me that my body is trying to get with it... just praying that it does so we can be in the business of putting the lbs on our skinny Minnie...

2 comments:

Mama H said...

Praying that she does well tomorrow.

PS...what kind of pump did you get? What did you have before?

The Whites said...

Julia,

I don't know how valid this is but I have heard that if you take/eat coconut oil (extra virgin) it helps your baby to gain if you are b-feeding. May want to look into it... :)