Saturday, May 29, 2010

Keeping her distracted

Minnie is, I think, cutting teeth. Rookie mom here... but pretty sure... so we keep her distracted... Momma S to the rescue again with some frozen teething cookies...
and then we entertain her... or rather... DADDY does...



Yes we are that family that even BEFORE kids had the nerf basketball hoop set up in the LIVING ROOM :)

I want my home to be FUN! I want Minnie to grow up knowing that this is her place to play, laugh and have a good time. I want to teach her these things by example. Husband is a GREAT example :)

4 comments:

IzzyBsMama said...

Another great teething tip is freezing banana chunks (or watermelon - which was Iz's fave!) and letting her have them in a mesh feeder.
http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Fresh-Food-Feeder-Pack/dp/B000GK5XY2

Good luck with the distractions :)

Mama H said...

Okay, I don't know if SHE looks tiny in those pictures with Daddy....or if HE looks huge!!!?? Either way, they look like both of them were having a BLAST!!!

TracyMichele said...

MamaH - I thought the same thing at first. The photo with him jumping over her looks like he is just standing behind her and he looks HUGE! I had to look closely to see he was mid-air. HA.

Country Mouse said...

Thanks Jodi... we do have one of those but she doesn't eat "real" food yet :) My SIL told me to put an ice cube in it and I bet she would LOVE that since she is all about my ice water :)

R&T ~ she IS tiny and Husband IS huge :) hee hee hee