Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kayaking 101

The Country'Rents... specifically Country Dad have recently gone head over heels (though not literally thank goodness) over kayaks :) I think it was about 6-7 years ago that Husband, the Country'Rents and I went on an LLBean excursion and tried kayaking for the first time... Country Dad was hooked but has been a bit pre-occupied over the past 6-7 years with horses, parents, work, etc to REALLY get into it... this summer.... he's INTO it :) WHOOPIIEEEE.... But... as is EVERYTHING that Country Dad does... he has researched, taken the time to REALLY figure out what he wanted, learned all he can ABOUT the subject and is willing and able to share his new found fun with anyone who will listen...

Cue in the Lady From the Lake :) See her there getting a tutorial from Country Mum??Overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe how Lady from the Lake and I felt getting a kayaking 101 lesson :) but our patient teachers showed us lots, willingly gave up their OWN kayaks and paddles and shared their uncontainable joy with us :) Fun times!!
Getting ALL GEEKED UP :)
getting all strapped and "fitted like a glove" :)
ready to take off :)
The four of us went out for about an hour and 1/2 and had a FANTASTIC night on the water. The weather was GORGEOUS, the company was great fun and Lady from the Lake and I learned a TON that night :)
Gotta say though this was one of my highlights... I love to kayak too but sitting on a dock able to chit chat 1 on 1 with my Daddy was the best part for me. It is not often that we have that time between Minnie and most visits with them taking he and Husband out for "boy stuff" and Country Mum and I hanging with the girl (which don't get me wrong is ALSO a good time) but I do love my time with my Dad... Thanks for being spontaneous Dad and maybe we should implement those Saturday breakfasts that we used to do every now and again, again.

No comments: