Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesdays in the WORD

Thank you EVERYONE for your comments and private emails and messages to me regarding last weeks post. I hope you continue leaving messages, building up your Husband or tucking away this information for later on down the road...

Seriously... after this week of HEAT HEAT and humidity... God said it was better to live in a DESERT than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife? YIKES.

During the school year I joined a Mom's Bible Study. On one of the first weeks there we had to do a little "quiz" of sorts... ranking what WE THOUGHT was important to our Husbands and then have them fill it out to what really WAS important to them. One thing that caught me by surprise, high on Husband's list was for me to be "happy and rejoicing". It ranked above a spotless house and dinner on the table at 5PM sharp.

Sounds easy enough right? But is it? How often do we greet our men at the door? How often do we show them we are GENUINELY HAPPY that they are home. And if they get home before us... how often do we walk in with a smile and how was YOUR day BEFORE unloading on our listener/fixer guys?

Throughout a day/night I am often thinking those two words to myself... "happy and rejoicing"... I have much to be happy about shouldn't I rejoice about it? If I do, it will show all over my face and therefore making a happy home. One that Husband WANTS to come back to...

This week Pastor P's little nugget of the WORD: "Do you treat your husband in private with the same respect as you do your friends, pastor, family...etc. in public??"

What happens behind closed doors? Do you put the "fake" smile on for the world and when you are in your own home drag him down, get grouchy, make it a whole "act" that all is right with your family out and about but really...the truth is... hmmmm....

I Peter 2:17 Show *PROPER respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

"SEE" you next week...

*emphasis mine

1 comment:

Mama H said...

I love Wednesday's in the Word with Country Mouse!!! What a great idea!! I think you might be on to something...