Monday, April 27, 2015

1/2 Way to 30 Days

Overall... I am not feeling any better. I actually feel just about the same. I'm paying more attention to pain locations but for the most part I don't feel like anything has changed.

That is frustrating :(

I am still missing what I "used" to eat and find myself getting grouchy when I "can't have" something. Struggling with entitlement I guess... Plus...the cake at the bridal shower looked SUPER yummy and the Sunday morning breakfast I would typically eat with Husband smelled up the whole house and looked YUMMY as usual. That is the part that I have to change my thinking on... eating an amazing weekend breakfast made by Husband, making homemade pizza with my family and watching a movie is a once a week - 3 times a month has been an emotional LOSS for me these past 15 days. I did spend WAY TOO MUCH money on a frozen pizza with a GF crust and DF "cheese" on it. It does have a little cane sugar in it but I'm gonna just roll with it. (and PRAY I can choke it down!) So thankful for all the OPTIONS out there.

I think the Detox baths have been the MOST beneficial to me. It is really hard to sit in that super hot water for 20 WHOLE minutes but it does seem like I have a little bit of a better day the day following a bath. Could be in my head. I dunno.

There was a change in perspective though when I was so super frustrated that NOTHING was making a difference (or so it would seem thus far) but then if nothing is making a difference.... I guess I get to go back to MY FOOD! :) Change of perspective.

I do like the menu planning. Having 30 days of meals all figured out and then taking each week against the circular, what I have in my freezer, and what is going on with our schedule has been really helpful. On the flip side... I don't USUALLY cook/plan/organize meals for Friday, Sat. and Sun. Not that I don't cook but Husband and I usually just fly by the seat of our pants as far as oh let's grill tonight or let's make homemade pizza... Having to do meals on the weekend annoys me. I'm just sayin'. ;)

Here's to cresting the hill and coming down on the other side...prayers appreciated.

Notes from SIL L:

Good morning...will try to share my thoughts on our process:)

overall so far it has been a success as far as my stomach etc... I am not feeling as bloated even though the pounds definitely have not melted away..... I don't think I have lost weight through this process yet..(I don't weigh myself so hard to tell).  Many times through this I have been hungry....stomach growling hungry where as before....I just ate because..... now I feel the hunger.  I need to find ways to eat the things that will stick with me and find foods that are filling that fall in the 'can eat' category.

I do notice a difference in belly after eating spaghetti, pancakes and 'pizza'.  these were the foods that really bothered me before and doing the substitutes has helped.  

Overall, when the 30 days is over...I will probably continue to try to go gluten free as much as possible.  however, I love food and probably won't be able to do it...cereal...pizza etc... but I will take steps.. regarding sugar...I know I can't commit to NOT eating sugar.......but will cut back.
this process has reminded me to think before I just put something in my mouth....very hard when I am starving right now and don't eat breakfast for 2 MORE HOURS!!!!!
 
After this...I will continue with the gluton free waffles and making of gluten-free pancakes...even though pancakes are not easy to cook.  I will probably add peanut butter back in to put on these waffles:)  

I will cook with gluton free pasta for myself...not the family though.....and will try and stay away from gluton stuff...super hard....

No comments: