Friday, April 3, 2015

3 days and done...

call it no self-control, call it not sustainable, call it lazy... whatever it is... I'm not doing it. ;)

I tried to cut EVERYTHING out of my diet for about 2.5 days. Committed I know.

I don't want to do it. I was doing research that said try Paleo... but in that diet if you are suffering with joint pain... also do NOT eat eggs, beans, grains, rice, corn, tomatoes... etc. etc. CountryMum challenged me to find a list of things I COULD eat... I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

Mick sent me an email that pretty much summed up my diet...

"I hear that we are now sharing the same diet guidelines, and wanted to share this amazing recipe with you.
It's got lettuce. You just cut it up and put it in a bowl. I usually use a white bowl to help life the green color.
Sometimes I sprinkle some water on top."

While it DID get a giggle and I SO appreciate my very funny friends... :)
Photo courtesy of Mick
This is pretty much what I was TRYING to do... just not possible, healthy, fun, or a way to live... So I might have been a little extreme :)

I've also spent the last few days emailing people who have experience with RA, talking to other people with joint pain and auto-immune diseases. There has also been MUCH soul-reflection...

I knew it but I realized more how much I really love food. I love cooking for my family, I love grocery shopping, I love hanging out chatting with Husband in our kitchen. I watch cooking shows on TV, I read menus just because. I love cookbooks and I love food.

The diabetes is just a whole other piece to the puzzle and more tweeking and more limitations. For 24 years I've been dealing with not eating supper because my sugars are high, or bypassing cake at a birthday party because I "feel" like it is going up or having to always pack a snack or send my Husband across the street to his Mom's from church because I forgot and my sugar is going low....and this just seems like another thing that I am boxed in with.

I just late Thursday afternoon, heard back from the Dr. They want to start me on the "chemo" drug. I'm not ready for that.

This week has given me this time to chat with people, pray, eat differently and spend some time researching. Ultimately I probably will have to have another conversation with them but maybe the tweeks I'm making will make a difference... and maybe I'll be a human science experience...

No comments: