Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day One under our belt...

Weather: Sunny and 70!!!! AH-MAZING!

Food: 4 oz of WARM lemon water before ANYTHING
Coffee with almond milk (unsweetened vanilla from Trader Joes) (yuck. Missing my 2 packs of pink poison and 1/2 and 1/2) and yes... I am making an exception since I'm not doing nuts with the almond milk. Not a huge coconut fan...
These waffles with this jam ~ yum!
Had a blood sugar spike after this but I think it was what normally happens when I don't check it before eating breakfast so late in the AM (didn't eat until around 8 on the way out the door)
Took an insulin correction and ended up having a low.... which I treated with a 100% juice box
Had a clementine when we got home from errands and before lunch
Lunch was a salad with romaine, red cabbage, avocado, cukes and tuna ~ dressed it with this dressing ~ again, a little bit of an exception because there are sundried tomatoes in it but I NEED to have more than a "water sprinkle" on my salads and as a "dip" :) I'm ok with it.
Had another low after lunch and ate another clementine and some of this popcorn.
Ate a banana around 2:45 as we headed out the door to track practice so I could try to avoid a low. Checked my sugar after practice and it was 168.Too high for my liking but better than another low.
Dinner was grilled burgers, fries for the family, tortilla chips for me, cut up cukes and carrot sticks. I ONLY EVER eat CHEESEburgers. I feel like the point of the burger is to HOLD the cheese so I was really afraid I would miss it. My typical/favorite/would order it every.time burger is cheese, tomato, and mayo...last night was just topped with some mashed avocado and I DID use about a tablespoon of ketchup (simply Heinz) to dip.

Supplements: Fish oil twice, turmeric w/black pepper twice, probiotic once, vitamin D once, detox bath of Epsom salt, apple cider vinegar and baking soda for 20 minutes

Drs: Did not make the time to call

Overall pain level and locations: Pain was mostly in my finger and chest probably a 6. I walked about a mile? (is that right Jen and Jess? :) on the track and I felt good doing it

Overall not a bad day. Thinking differently but with the help of Fletch and Tamarah pointing me in the right direction with tried and true products a good day.

Cliff Notes from SIL L: can't do the coffee....gonna switch to tea with honey for the next 29 days :) worried about the "look" of the dressing at lunch but tasted good! Afternoon is tough... keep up the good work!
 
Breakfast
warm water with lemon
coffee with almond milk - nasty!!! for sure
2 glutton free waffles with strawberry jelly made with 100% juice
frozen fruit mixture no added anything

Lunch
salad with chicken and tuscany italian no nothing dressing with sunflower seeds
2 clementines and a banana

snack
corn tostitos and banana

Supper
hamburger with garlic salt
french fries
sliver of bread (made by Julia) with jelly





No comments: