Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a doozie...

this motherhood thing... I didn't anticipate it being "easy" by any means... I have been around all your kids long enough and babysat my entire teenage-hood but for posterity's sake and maybe so that I can wake her up at the crack of dawn when she's a teenager just for kicks and giggles.... it's been a doozie...

Girlfriend, poor thing, is struggling with some major gas issues and if spending 9 months watching EVERYTHING (don't forget, Type 1 Diabetic Mama here) wasn't enough ~ with B-feeding we are just continuing on the same track... anything I do... effects her... my body... yep. Still effecting her. It's a lot for this rookie.

Husband has been home on va-ca with us and goes back to work (the real world) on Monday...is it bad to be just a TEENIE bit jealous? I mean DON'T get me wrong... I love staying home, in fact, it is an act of you know who, to get me out of the house at ALL...but...well... I'm just sayin'...posterity...

Now for the highlights because who wants to focus on the "low-lights"... I have a HEALTHY, BABY GIRL... who will be happy at SOME POINT in her life... right?

We called Sky the other night to ask if she had already started private tutoring on "how to be just like her" classes.... I told her she could be in charge of teaching Minnie all she knows EXCEPT I'm picking Chloe to do the class on how to be a good eater... since at Christmas when I heard her Mama ask what she wanted on her plate at lunch she said "everything" :) When Betsy asked if she wanted peas or corn she said "both" :) yep... def. picking that girl for the food 101 class :) but... looks like Sky has already been hard at work... :)
Someone found her thumb :)
and what does it look like to be the daughter of a blogging (albeit lately a stinky blogging) Mama?
I don't think she minds... I mean the pics ARE for the blog...

Until she's just had about enough... why do I foresee this picture in my future? When she's say...14ish? :) and lest we think (for posterity of course) that she cries all the time... She doesn't.

4 comments:

TracyMichele said...

1) I keep forgetting to tell you that Meme has that same blanket. Bean has one in pink/brown. They love to travel with them.
2) YIPPPEEEEE on the thumb! I am a BIG supporter of thumb/finger sucking. My Littles never ever took the pacifier. Never. It was all hands for them. :) (And no, they don't still suck them)
3) Motherhood is a doozie. All of it. Quite a ride, if I do say so myself. But when they bring you a picture they made that says, "I lofe yu Mam" you forget it all. Your time will come.. I promise. :)

Momma S said...

Just know that it will get better. And there are such amazing moments in parenthood ahead. Hang in there!

Mama H said...

I still can't believe how much she looks like D-Dawg. WOW!!!

Beaner's thumb sucking classes....HILARIOUS. As a past 'thumb-sucker' myself, I have to say that there is nothing quite like the comfort of one's own thumb. Aaaahh...it makes me want to have a little suck time with my thumb right now. Kidding. Well, sort of... *WINK*

mykids4hisglory said...

It is a doozie! You hit the nail right on the head. I know you've heard it 1000 times...the first several weeks are the worse!
To be honest there are times through it all that DOWN RIGHT SUCK!
Keep praying!
HUGS