Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Unfortunately this weekend was the time we had to say goodbye to Aunt C and Uncle M....or rather... FORTUNATELY Uncle M was heading home. I'm not sure I could take much more of THIS funny guy :) He thought he was tricking me by stealing my camera and taking this picture without my knowing... what he doesn't know is that I have sent the picture to all four of his children and his daughter in law. We are all making it our profile picture on Facebook. How long before he figures it out? :) A matter of minutes is my guess... funny guy. I'll get you my pretty :)
Thankfully on Sunday he posed more handsomely along with his son and look... there's Minnie with her new silly skrinkly nose smile so that you are SURE to see all her teeth... Sunday was the ANNUAL FANTASY FOOD-BALL... UH... I mean FOOT-ball draft...
Not so much fun for the kiddie who broke his leg last week... but he is SUCH an optimist and all the kids were so good to help him and make him feel included I don't think he minded so much... plus he's so cute how can he stay upset? :)
Maybe it's Mama H she's getting the silly smile from?? :) I dunno.
Serious business here. Serious.
I'm more concerned with THIS business and all the deliciousness I had to try to cram into my mouth because the Super Bowl seems FOREVER away :)
On Monday I hosted the annual Labor Day swim at L&L's... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself UP L!! :) this girl was having NONE of just sitting by watching the big kids jump in... who cares if the pool was FREEZING... NOT HER!
This one is smart enough to sit in the sun and OUT of the coooooolllddd water...
awwww she's PSYCHED with me right now :) but up close and personal I'm thinking the skrinchy noses might come to Minnie naturally and genetically :) whoopsie :)
Meanwhile, as I mentioned the kids take care of him... twist Daws's arm to play hours and hours of PlayStation why don't you? :)
All in all a FANTASTIC weekend which left me EXHAUSTED but I think that's the sign of a GREAT time... cramming every second full of family, friends, food and fun!! Course now we are REALLY into the school year and since we are past Labor Day, summer is OFFICIALLY over... course someone had to go and ruin it for this one. Clearly she's a fan of summer... poor little thing. Can't wait to try and bundle her into a snow suit pretty soon! :) yikes :)

1 comment:

Mama H said...

SO FUN!

PS...I think YOU might have the ONLY photo of Papa H's RED hair from Sunday! (I couldn't get a decent photo of the red hair to save my life...) You can sort of see the fire-red mohawk in the 'draft' picture. Hilarious.