Sunday, September 12, 2010

NO SPEND month... Day 12

So... how are we doing??

So far "ok" :) I won't say good because I'll come clean about the $1.88 I spent at Wal*Mart on a particular "seasonal" candy item that was most DEF. NOT needed
I also have to confess that I didn't go without and I did replace my black Teva's that I've had since 1999 with a new pair... costing me $16.79...REGULARLY priced at $24.00

I did have to make the bi-monthly trip to the Wal* Mart...buying diapers and formula and some other essential items. But... if I am being honest and I AM trying... I did not NEED the gallon freezer bags, I only NEEDED the quart size... so.... +$2.18 and I didn't NEED the chunky fruit mix for Minnie at $.98, I just thought she might like to feed herself some fruit. So.... total so far on things that we ok I DIDN'T need $21.83

However... we have done well on going to Cabela's and Husband got a pair of sunglasses... that he did need considering soccer coaching started this week and his old pair was broken tragically in a wiffle ball game this summer... but he used a gift card. And there was a deal too good to pass up on a Birthday/Christmas present for a family member that he ALSO used his gift card on. Does that count as money spent?? It was Husband's self-less-ness of using his gift card so I think not. :)

We have also been doing really well on eating things that we already have in the freezer or pantry. We packed a lunch to bring to the local "September-fest" instead of eating out and a special thank you and shout out to Mama H and Momma S for our lovely dinner last week of ham and corn chowder and leftover draft party salad :) yum! :)

I'm cooking a turkey this week and I'm excited to see how many different ways we can eat it and for how long :) So... so far so... ok... could be better but I wouldn't be sporting these cute shoes for the rest of no spend month :)

No comments: