Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A play date and dinner with friends...

Ok, first things first... Mama H made a lasagna... I'm a sucker for lasagna... YUM YUM YUM....Husband asked her... "so, what's in it...??" I did NOT expect "Bison" to come out of her mouth... "WHAT!?!?!? I SHREIKED!?!? WHAT!?!?? OH NO!?!? YOU ARE NOT KIDDING!?!?!?" Oh I had to get my Laura Ingalls Wilder face on... I can do this... remember my post about my "Old Fashioned Weekend" and how much fun that was... I can do it... Plate-ed up.... looks tasty doesn't it!?!?eeeeeeee I did the 'ol plug the nose and choke it down face... but in all seriousness... note my plate. Yeah, just about clean. :) It was YUMMY Mama H!! I'm not saying I'll have me a big 'ol bison BURGER but I didn't mind it in the lasagna... and I cleaned my plate to show :) (what's with the eyes?? yeah, that's me pretending I can lift one eyebrow like SIL L :) I can't. Clearly.Ever wonder what goes on UNDER the pictures I crop???hee hee hee.... Here was the reason for the get-together... (not that we NEED a reason to hang out with the H Family :)Course they didn't stay outside long... but as J.T. puts it... "its because they want to hang out with their big people" :)
Note: the ear
Seriously. That bone is for a 120lb dog. It is NOT a small bone! :)He is cute though, isn't he? :)Mama H trying not to get wrestled in with the vicious pooches who want to french kiss one another :) really. I know the teeth can be decieving but its true :)
To finish off the night.... there may have been some SERIOUS tickling going on behind the scenes to get this photo op!! :)

Thanks again H Family for bringing dinner, the dog and yourselves. Always a blast! :)

4 comments:

Janna said...

You've never had bison??? It's soooooo good! And very lean... it tastes like beef... only better:-)
You sissy!

Mama H said...

ROCK ON, J.T!!! As an aside, I do NOT typically sneak food into recipes without people knowing..but I didn't think Country Mouse/Uncle S would mind at all (considering his hunting obsession). I never imagined seeing your face DROP when you realized that it was really in it...hahaha!

I'm glad you liked it...and I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!! :)

Country Mouse said...

Hey... NO SISSY HERE!!! I ATE IT!! :) :)

TracyMichele said...

I'm disappointed. On your cropped photo, I was hoping for a little cigarette on the reveal. You know, because of the smoke rising up? Nope.. boring old pot of boiling water. zzzzzzzz.

And bison?! yikes. FYI.. Husband has an obsession with ice fishing as well. Pretty sure that doesn't mean he would welcome a trout in his pot pie. LOL. Take it easy on the substitutes, MamaH. hahahaha.