Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Coffee Date...

This is my cousin... we got together last night for coffee and heart connect....I introduced her back here and you saw her WAY back here...but let me tell you a little more about her....


A little background... her Dad and CountryMum are brother and sister... there is something like 11 or 14 years between them. When her Dad was a sophmore in high school their Mother (our grandmother) was killed in a car accident. My parents had JUST gotten married. The moved into my grandmother's home and started raising a teenager. He, a high school football/basketball stud starting dating a cheerleader from a rival school. (They went to church together)

Long story short.... my parents had me :) and football/basketball stud and cheeleader broke up. Until.....my mother invited cheerleader and her mother over for Sunday lunch after church... someone had a dirty diaper that needed to be changed and they kissed over my dipe... and have been together ever since. 25ish years later, three kids, two grandbabies and lots of blessings and struggles. Oh I'm sure they owe all their happiness to me :) BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This cousin is their first born. I think that's part of the reason why we connect so well and have this very special bond.... A little inside scoop to what I see......
she's GORGEOUS both inside and out. She's an amazing Mama... a loving, devoting, supporting, encouraging, adoring wife (I know all those adjectives because she is so complimentary of her hubby when we are together) she is a sister, a daughter, a neice and a friend. But I think the thing that defines her most to me... is... a listening ear, an open heart and the fact that she is a PRAYER WARRIOR. This woman has an INTIMATE relationship with Jesus Christ that I envy and aspire towards. I am lucky to call her my friend but I am BLESSED to call her my cousin. I love you babe and had so much fun with you last night. I miss you bunches and hope we can get together again soon soon soon!!!!

1 comment:

amy said...

she's a grandmother?