Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mother-in-LOVE!!

She has been through more in the past year and a few months than most people...yet she still shines love....She really IS the world's BEST baker and BEST spoiler, always remembering everyone's favorites, likes and dislikes...
She is willing to try new things and STRETCH beyond her comfort zone....
and I think she even LIKED it sometimes...I am so lucky to be able to share my deepest, darkest secrets with her and always feel support, love and NEVER like I am an "in law" daughter...but like one of the "originals"...more often than not at the kitchen table in her cozy home...
and really...when it comes down to the one and "simple" fact that she gave me HIM....How could I call her anything BUT, "Mother-in-Love" or what I really DO call her in real life...
Mama
Happy Birthday Mama! I love you and I'm SO thankful for you!!!

8 comments:

mykids4hisglory said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs.C!!
Great post and a true picture of her testimony...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope it is super special today just like you! What fabulous photos of a beautiful lady inside and out!

Anonymous said...

Previous anonymous....aka...code name, "Laura"

Mama H said...

Seeing Memi playing GUITAR HERO is my favorite picture...totally stepping outside her comfort zone (and liking it). She is DEFINITELY someone that I admire. She's good at EVERYTHING!!!!! She's a woman to aspire to be like, that's for sure!

Mama H said...

Is it MIMI or Memi or Memie!!?? I can never spell it right!!!!

Country Mouse said...

MiMi :)

Thanks Laura Jane :)

Momma S said...

What a beautiful post and a heartfelt birthday wish. I wish I had known it was your Mother-In-Love's birthday when we saw her this morning. Happy Birthday!

Crash said...

OH Julia.. your blog gets me everytime!! Mimi is an AMAZING woman. I admire her strength, her incredible capacity for love AND her Mad Sewing Skills!! Happy Birthday Mimi- you didn't give me my husband, but you sure gave me a best friend! Thank you and Happy Birthday!