Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday...

Today is FIL's aka Dad's, birthday... I mostly want to just note it for my own blog....the things that I am thinking about this year... a year and a month later....
Dear Dad,

I kinda feel bad that we are all still so broken... that we are all still so sad and that we miss you so much...because we KNOW where you are. We know how you wouldn't choose to come back here even for US...and I know that you are so happy up there.
Thank you for that... for that decision that you made to follow Jesus and raise your family to make the same choice in each of their own lives. Thank you that we'll see you someday and to you it will be very soon.

I know that you are getting things ready for us and if I had to guess, you are putting the new windows in the mansion for Mama... :) Good call. Good call. :)

P.S. Did you HEAR Sky singing her heart out to Jesus on Sunday? I told her to make it extra loud so that Pampa would hear her... and boy did she....
P.S. 2 Husband is away on the annual ice fishing trip... and if you could do something about winning the boat... yeah AGAIN...that would be great :) tee hee hee

5 comments:

Mama H said...

Absolutely awesome. I love the little 'did you knows' at the end. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Gene. Love you lots:)

Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Great blog Julia. I made the mistake of reading it at work and now I am crying all over my keyboard. :) Nice note. Love you.

der2jeter

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Julia! Written from your heart.

I love you...
Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a nice tribute to Uncle Gene. The song is also beautiful (tear jerker!) Thanks for sharing.

Kathy