Friday, February 13, 2009

Mrs. P

Wednesday night this past week Husband and I got to enjoy the company of these two crazy girls!!! Mrs. P and her daughter K...They fed us yummy dinner and AWESOME chocolate cream pie (Husband's fav!)We hadn't been over since Pastor P, Mrs. P's hubby had been very sick. You will remember that we had to say good-bye to him last April so that he could in turn, say hello to our Jesus face to face.

We had such a great time together, laughing, crying, sharing and just being blessed. There are absolutely NO words that I could even type, and I've been thinking about this for three days, to express how much this lady means to me. How thankful I am for her in my life, how I know that she prays for me, and has since I was just a little girl. The woman loved me through my teenage years and she WASN'T my mother. I think that in and of itself should get her some sort of AWARD!! :)

She is the one who will tell you straight up when you are in the wrong and it will be told to you IN LOVE and when you are discouraged and beaten down, she is the one who will support you and tell you when the others around you are in sin and that you have to keep your head up and your eyes on the Lord.

Mrs. P, thank you for your influence, for your family, for sharing your Husband with us and for always being there for me whenever I need you. I love you so much and I am so blessed by you. Let's plan the family BBQ now!! Before the snow melts so we are sure to do it!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to second those words Julia. She is such an awesome woman! Thank you for this post.

der2jeter

Mama H said...

I want to know her!!!!!! Everyone needs someone like that in their life. Very real.