Friday, March 20, 2009

(Updated) Done. Book Review

Countless hours, many months, a little break between books 1-2 and 3-4....2,379 pages later... and I'm DONE!


*picture from ama z 0n

Quick Review for Tracy :) I LOVED it... I loved what an easy read it was, I loved how addicting it was, I love how the books kept building on each other and I LOVED the "happy" ending. This was not a book series that I would have EVER just decided to read on my own but when all the hype came out on the internet this summer, when it was all anyone (ok, pre-teen girls let's be honest) were talking about and when my neice showed up with it at MIL's one day I HAD to see what the rage was about!! :) I'm glad I did.

Vampires, werewolves, teenie boppers, not really my gig...normally :) But I think because this was such an easy read it was so quick to suck me in (pun totally intended). The first book was just a good story. I took Briana to see the movie and I was thrilled that there was no smut, no $ex, no parts during the movie where I was uncomfortable.

As the series went on I have to say I was disappointed with the introduction of $ex when this series really is catering to the pre-teen age group but it was done in the covenant of marriage so perhaps that makes it a little more allowable...though again, not sure if getting married at 18 should be glorified. Thankfully that was not a HUGE part but enough so that it was noticed and would make me think twice about taking Bri Bri to the 3rd and 4th movie, whenever they come out.

All in all... TOTALLY a pleasure read for me and I really enjoyed it. If you want fast, easy and mindless... get sucked in. :)

3 comments:

TracyMichele said...

What? No review??

bethany said...

well, i just started...because you told me to... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw the movie...twice so far...Saturday night and Sunday night...will probably watch it again tonight...I LOVE the movie. Now I might read the books...not sure if it will ruin it or not.

der2jeter