Monday, March 16, 2009

Sometimes...

it just FEELS like this CJ... What "season" are you in? Are you in High School with your hopes and dreams in front of you... rebellious and anxious to get on with your life instead of just enjoying where you are at and living what you have? Do you not know that this time... this freedom... you will not get back?

Are you in college... planning for the future, making the most of the opportunity and time that you have there where it really is OK to be broke and a moocher?

Are you fresh out of college, trying to figure out where to go, what to do, if you should marry him or move on? Wondering why you don't have a him/her to marry? Which job you should take?

Is it the 20's? Are you married? Engaged? Wishing you were one or the other? Are you planning on starting a family? Are you taking care of loved ones and aged beyond your young years? Are you in the middle of the family praying for the time to pass so that you can sleep again, yet all the while you are... wiping bums... cuddling children....managing your home, your husband/wife, your finances and wondering how it is all going to work out but trusting that it will?

Is it 30? Do you feel the time crunch now? The pressure of being single, the pressure of having kids, the pressure of a career, the pressure of a mortgage....the pressure of your grandparents health and watching your parents deal with it?

How about 40...where I can only assume that the hour glass moves even faster than it is for me right now... where you want to hold onto everything and anyone and not let them grow, change and move from where they are?

50,60,70 and beyond... are you burying loved ones, best friends, caring for the ill, worried about your own health and future? Are you enjoying every minute, looking back with no regrets and absolutely certain about where you will go when you die?

I'm just wondering outloud... what "season" are YOU in?

2 comments:

Mama H said...

We're in a bunch of seasons...but I am SO grateful that I have a personal relationship with God. I can lean on Him and He will never leave me. It makes me wonder how I ever got by in life before accepting what He did for me...

mykids4hisglory said...

What a great post, Country Mouse!!
I'm in various seasons myself...
each one has it's joys and pains. Some seasons open with joy and end in pain and vice versa. I'm grateful I too have Christ to get me through the roller coaster of emotions. How people do it without him...I don't know!!