Thursday, August 27, 2009

Adventures in babysitting...MISH MASH

I am all about the "wearing your baby"...it is my crunchy hippy self coming out... but I am on a mission to find one that will work for us and there are... as we all know with baby gear..... a GAZILLION options :) On Monday as I mentioned it was JJ's b-day... and because our house just HAPPENS to be on the WAY to one of their favorite eateries they just HAPPENED to leave the boys for about an hour so they could eat in peace :)

Works for me. Anyway... back to baby wearing... I gave the sling below as a gift to my cousin when she had her first daughter (4? 5 years ago now Jessie??) and then she in turn passed it down to SIL J and neither of those ladies was really THRILLED with it... so I wanted to try it out for ourselves...

Perhaps a bit small for Husband but I should have waited to take the picture because not 5 minutes after this...lil'OWL was FAST asleep... apparently HE'S a fan of baby wearing... or maybe it was just because they were both 110% sweat beasts and the poor thing passed out? Who knows? (JUST KIDDING...on the passing out) When he woke up we had a little fun... I also have recently mentioned I've been given a bunch of hand-me-downs... hrrrmm... this little hat number comes with a matching bib and was given to me by a co-worker... and when I say given to ME... well you all know it was for the day Husband dresses Minnie Mouse :) hee hee hee
Our own little Elmer Fud :) We couldn't love him anymore if we tried... :)
this picture is JUST for Tracy...My Husband the keeper of all things FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER... the original batteries he had to PRY out of the remote to his stereo that he bought for college... IN THE 80'S!!!!!!!! Jeepers I love him. :)

2 comments:

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

LOVE that HAT! :)

TracyMichele said...

Love Husband baby wearing. Can't wait to see him with Minnie Mouse! :)

Also, I have said it before and will say it again: SO glad he is YOUR husband. Those batteries would have sent me over the edge. If ever there were justifiable grounds for divorce - pack ratting is it. LOL.

(ps.. you know I love you, right Husband? *wink*)