Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Movie Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

As SOON as I found out (via FB no less) back in the spring, that this... one of my favorite books, was to be a movie...with one of my FAVORITE actresses I informed Husband he was TAKING me on a DATE! :) I'm so blessed to have a man who really will go along with just about ANY plan or craziness that I come up with :)

Obviously we could not make it there on opening night (it was this past Friday and I'm not so sure, although he was the world's HAPPIEST baby, that the other couples would liked a chatty 9 1/2 month old for an hour and 48 minutes :) so Husband asked me to go out with him last night (Tuesday).

Last THURSDAY after my Dr's appt in the "big city" we saw that one of my FAVORITE restaurants that used to be located down on the water with a gorgeous deck had moved closer to the mall area and I piped up and said...ooooo now you are going to take me to dinner AND a movie :) Guess what?

He did. :) I love him.

We zooted up to the big city, had a great meal chit chatting and then made it over to watch the show. I wasn't disappointed. I think it helped that I had read the book but I had read it YEARS ago so most of the details were not fresh in my mind. It was a good "story" movie and I was happy with how they handled some of the bigger events in the book and kept them big events in the movie. Rachel McAdams was FANTASTIC...I just think she is soooo classic and does a great job with stories like this. I only wish I could pull off the red lips like she can :)


I'd probably give it 3.75 stars out of 5 because really...you should ALWAYS like the book MORE than the movie :)

1 comment:

Mama H said...

She is gorgeous! Very classic look indeed. :)

Glad you had a nice night out with husband! :)