Friday, February 4, 2011

day 5 ~ a picture of some place you have been

I tried to think of the most impressive (at least in my mind) place I have been and this is of course the one that came to me immediately... I've been to the Grand Canyon, twice. Once with the CountryRents, JJ, my Uncle R and two cousins. SUCH a fun childhood memory. It was on that trip I had to keep up the boys naming the make and model of each car coming towards us and it is a trait I haven't lost to this day. Husband will often ask me what kind of car something is... fun. :) It was also the trip that we stayed in an AMAZING hotel in Phoenix and ate strawberries in white chocolate cups every night for dinner and now I HATE white chocolate. I guess too much of a good thing IS possible. :) The second time was with my redheads... :) Girl trip and oh so fun. Even if I was grouchy, homesick, and recently engaged. :)

But the Grand Canyon is no less awe-inspiring, God-thought-provoking the 2nd time than it is the 1st. AMAZING. It is a dream of mine to experience it with Husband and when we take our cross country road trip, this is for sure a stop. I think everyone should see it. but you all know, the place I constantly dream of going/being/staying... is right here in my own state....I love paradise...aka Rangeley.
*Grand Canyon pic courtesy of Google Images, Rangeley Lake taken by me

No comments: