Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crazy Love: Chapter Two rocked MY world :)

Let it be said... I am the "loud" one (for the most part :) in my family. And when I mention "my family" this time I mean the "CountryRents/JJ" family...

I love just about NOTHING more than to make CountryDad and JJ belly laugh and tell animated stories that make that happen. It is also not uncommon to hear CountryDad and I tease back and forth about how it is ALL ABOUT MEEEEE :) (yes, I'm WELL aware that that is going RIGHT out the window in less than 11 weeks :)

I honestly don't REALLY think it is "all about me" but it was a GREAT perspective this week in Crazy Love to read some of the following; (I am quoting the book yet parts have been left out... you need to read it for yourSELVES :) My words are in another color and the italics are my own stresses to the sentence :)) I am a big fan and user of sarcasm so I think this COULD be why it hit so close to home for me :)

********************************************************************************

“Even though I glimpse God’s holiness, I am still dumb enough to forget that life is all about God and not about me at all…”

He goes on to talk about the “movie of life” and that “so many of us think and live like the movie of life is all about us.”

“Now consider the movie of life…

God creates the world. (Were you alive then? Was God talking to you when He proclaimed “It is good” about all He had just made?)

Several generations later, God singles out a ninety-nine-year-old man called Abram and makes him the father of a nation (did you have anything to do with this?).

From start to finish, this movie is obviously about God. He is the main character. How is it possible that we live as though it is about us? Our scenes in the movie, our brief lives, fall somewhere between the time Jesus ascends into heaven (Acts) and when we will all worship God on His throne in heaven (Revelation).

We have only our two-fifths-of-a-second-long scene to live. I don’t know about you, but I want my two-fifths of a second to be about my making much of God. First Corinthians 10:31 says, “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”

Frankly, you need to get over yourself. It might sound harsh, but that’s seriously what it means.

To be brutally honest, it doesn’t really matter what place you find yourself in right now. Your part is to bring Him glory – whether eating a sandwich on a lunch break, drinking coffee at 12:04 a.m. so you can stay awake to study, or watching your four-month-old take a nap. The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing. “

5 comments:

Mama H said...

I had a WHAT ARE YOU DOING moment yesterday with myself...my birthday always seems to bring up those types of thoughts for some reason. Another year passes and you start to question what type of impact you're making...

The book sounds awesome. :)

Momma S said...

When my 4 month old is napping and my 4 1/2 year old is snuggling it's such a beautiful time to give thanks. The blessings in our lives are great. And our two blessings are reminders that he gives us purpose and meaning far beyond ourselves. He gave us his children to raise, to raise Godly, faithful children. Pastor gave this prayer to us the other day (upon request) seems fitting...
from Dr. James Dobson (in his book "Straight Talk to Men and Their Wives"):
“Lord, you know my inadequacies. You know my weaknesses, not only in
parenting, but in every area of my life. As you broke the fishes and the loaves to feed the five thousand, now take my meager effort and use it to bless my family. Make up for the things I did wrong. Satisfy the needs
that I have not satisfied. Wrap your great arms around my children and draw them close to you. And be there when they stand at the great
crossroads between right and wrong. All I can give is my best, and I've done that before. Therefore, I submit to you my children and myself and the job I have done as a parent. The outcome belongs to you.”
Sorry this is your blog and I'm filling it up with my own thoughts, maybe I should post this on my blog! - I think I will~

Momma S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Country Mouse said...

Momma Sunshine, you can share your heart and thoughts here ANYTIME! :) Thanks for posting that... :)

Mama H said...

Yes indeed...THANKS for posting that!!! :)