Thursday, September 10, 2009

Da' Sensor ~ And "unexpecteds"

Today marked the start of my weekly Dr's appts. Yes... this IS much sooner than the rest of you non-high risk girls :) because I have an U/S once a week now until 10/5 when I start them TWICE a week... whoa. Many many trips to the big city BUT...many many times of seeing Minnie and her ADORABLE face. I can tell you... CountryMum and I saw it today and it is in fact ADORABLE! (Pics will be up tomorrow)
Today was an appt filled with "unexpecteds". Good and eh... not so much. One of the "eh...not so much" was getting hooked-up to a blood glucose sensor. This is something that was supposed to have been done back in August but there was a minor "ball dropping" at the OB's office so instead I walked in and was surprised that I was getting hooked up today.
This "little" device will now stay attached to my persons for the next 7 days. They will take it off when I go in next Thursday for my U/S, Doc and Diabetic appt. It checks my blood sugar every FIVE minutes so they get 288 blood sugar checks in a 24 hour time period (I did that math myself. No help from Husband. Impressive? :)
Though my sugars have been pretty tight (except for those 10 days or so when Minnie's placenta kicked in) this will help the "professionals" to see any trends or patterns that we might be missing (in the 10-15 blood sugar checks that I DO during the day) in the overnight hours or the hours here and there where I'm not doing finger sticks.
When I first went on a pump I wasn't too self-conscious about the sites attached to my body but I am VERY aware of this beastling and after only hours of it being on... I'm ready for it to be off... :) How do you like it?

Picture courtesy of THIS girl :) Who came for MEXICAN tonight :) yum yum!I mean... oh... that's better :)and speaking of "unexpecteds"...Guess who I got to see for a 5 second impromptu visit this afternoon before leaving work... He was in his Daddy's truck getting ready to do some banking...He's thrilled to see me as you can tell :)Definitely an "unexpected" kind of day...

1 comment:

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

He was VERY happy to see his EYEYA - just not the camera! :)

Stinker about the sensor - it will be off soon though!