Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An opportunity...

Today is Sky's b-day. There are a couple of stories that I want to post today because 1) it's MY blog and 2) it's kinda like my own on-line scrapbook :)

Sky has a thing with mannequins. It's just sort of a funny "thing" but a "thing" nonetheless. See the second picture HERE ~ A few years ago SIL L, Sky and I were in a women's under garments store.... while SIL L was checking out (I guess I SHOULD have been watching Sky??) Sky came over to me GIGGLING like crazy... and pointed. At the mannequin in the WINDOW that FACED THE STREET... she had "pants-ed" the mannequin. For those of you that are wondering what "pants-ed" is... she pulled DOWN the pants on the MANNEQUIN that did I mention was FACING the street?? Oh... and did I mention we were in a WOMEN'S UNDER GARMENTS store? Yes... the mannequin was not WEARING pants...only UNDER-PANTS. I'll let that sink in for a bit...

The girl has a thing with mannequins.

Fast forward a few years and about a month ago I was shopping with the R Clan and MIL. (this time I was NOT responsible for watching her :) As she and her mother walked by a man in the store she reached out and squeezed his forearm.

The girl TOTALLY thought he was a MANNEQUIN. Oh.No. Just a stranger looking fellow with silvery hair and loads of tatoos on his arms.

The best part... was SIL L's IMMEDIATE reaction... "HE'S REAAAAALLLL!!!" :) as they kept walking (perhaps at a faster pace) and SIL L LOST it giggling. As did the REST of us when we heard the story. Poor Sky... but really...

The girl just has a thing with MANNEQUINS. :)
Happy Birthday Babe! :)

1 comment:

Mama H said...

ABSIOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! I love the manequin story...(the first one is hilarious)...hahahaha....I had no idea...but in all honesty, that sounds JUST LIKE something she would do. HAHAHAHA!!!!! Hilarious!!! I love this girl.