Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy 1st Day of Spring...

for SOME reason I thought it was tomorrow... oh yah... that reason is because HUSBAND told me so when I was drafting the new dry erase fridge calendar :) Not like he messed up my birthday or something though so we'll let it slide and maybe NEXT year I'll be a little more festive than my black shirt and kahki pants. :)

We HAVE an OR booked for tomorrow... we have to be at the hospital at 12:50 while the procedure doesn't take place until 2:50... in the meantime.. Husband is FASTING this whole time. That might ACTUALLY be the worst of the whole part! :) He can have 6 oz of black coffee (with sugar) but that's IT and it has to be before 8:30AM so he's thinking of just skipping all together. (Lord, help us all) :) So we'll be at the "local"(though not the MOST local) hospital from about 12:50 until 5-6PM depending on how he comes out of the anesthesia (I'm not even going to PRETEND like I knew how to spell that...)
Pray that the stone is BLASED into dust so that it doesn't hurt him at ALL but perhaps that it is still big enough to pass along to the Dr. to figure out WHY this is happening.
God's hand is in all of it though... we have the Dr. that was recommended to us (the other 2 Drs in his practice are on va-ca) and we believe he is a Christian... will make it nice when Husband starts praying during the knock out phase and we are hoping the Doc will just jump on in :) Husband HASN'T been in the pain that everyone we have talked to has told us about and we are SOOOOO thankful for that.... and the stone has managed to stay put while we are busy trying to figure out how this is going to get taken care of. We have the strong drugs on tap JUST incase but thankfully nothing more than Motrin has been needed. And again I say... My Husband is a ROCK STAR!!!
I'll hope to jump on and give you all and update tomorrow night but if you are very very concerned... just call my cell.. it would be easier. :) We are hoping to go to dinner STRAIGHT from the hospital and could be home close to 8-9ish...
P.S. yes, Ginnie those are some of the flowers you gave me on Tues! They ALL opened right up :) you are such a nice girl to me!!!

No comments: