Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY!?!

*Puns INTENDED!
**This will be BY FAR the nastiness blog entry I have done to date and PLAN on doing in the future. Please SKIP if you have a weak stomach!! :)

So its been a little quiet round these parts the past couple of days... and that's because... well... my WORLD has been pretty quiet....My ear is TOTALLY BLOCKED UP!!!!

Hear is the gist of the on-going saga... It has been blocked off and on since the first week in Dec. No sign of a cold, no ear infection, no runny nose or sinus issues...so....I finally got an appt with an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. yesterday at 7AM (ouch) on the referral of my PCP who said let's just make sure its "not a tumor" (WHAT!?)

So....She went looking in the deep cavities of my ear and said "there is a big rock solid piece of wax WAY DOWN DEEP" in my ear canal. She tried to get it out with her various pointy steel tools but it was hurting quite a bit so then she tried to vacuum it out.... no luck. No budging. So she attempted digging around in there again and nothing. :( and honestly, I just couldn't take the pain anymore. (Yes, HB, I'm a pansy :)

Diagnosis.... get some ear drops and come back in two weeks… well… I got the drops and Husband put them in last night… sealed that ear RIGHT up… I can’t hear a CUSSED thing now!!! :( Well, except for that WICKED LOUD annoying RINGING that never ever stops! It makes my head HURT to try and concentrate on reading lips all day, there's no point to watching TV at the volume that forces Husband to stick his head under the pillow and really... with that WICKED LOUD ringing....I just want to sleep. Yah, its been quiet round these parts....

So I called the ENT office this AM and said you have GOT to get me in to see her before 2 weeks because honestly I'm NOT going to make it. So I have an appt on Monday. And as I told my dear non-waxy friend HB via email today.... I don't care if she has to brace herself with both feet on my head on either side of my ear she HAS to get that nastiness out so that I can HEAR AGAIN. THIS IS SOOOO frustrating.

3 comments:

~ Laurie said...

Oh dear....they didn't give you cipro drops for you ears????? I think I might have some extra!!! They're an expensive script but they work. The reason I know this??? My lovely dear children both have cement like wax in their ears and so in order for the ped to actually SEE in those drops must be put in 3x's a day for 3 days before appts. Convenient if you know your child is going to be sick...
Anyway...Lovergirl just simply holds her breath when Dr O looks in her ears (they've been flushed out SO many times). Buddy on the other hand....Well he's always been my screamer hasn't he??? lol. It literally takes BOTH Dr O & I to hold him down...

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

We are hoping the wax comes out soon!!! You look so sad... :( I can rememeber mom dumping the hydrogen-peroxide? into my ears... and then poking the Q-tip around - Amazing there is not damage. She MUST have been sooo careful.

Laura said...

Seriously....your blog sure is special. Don't know of anybody who would actually put the information about her EAR WAX in it! Amazing! HB and I were laughing at the difference between your blog and AW's blog....you put pictures of food, snow banks...and EAR WAX MEDICINE!! Oh, how I love you. And you claim you are not quirky?