Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicole...

I miss my friend…

She would have been 25 today… she would have been living in an apt she was paying for herself…she would have been raising two boys on her own… she would still be coming to church on Sundays… she would still be wearing the trendiest clothes… she would be telling me I look cute…. She would be asking if I got my hair cut… she would be the only one to notice it was just a trim… she would be learning to love her Dad’s new wife… she would be supporting her friend Patty through this trial we call cancer… she would be making her family laugh… she would still be a frustration in a sisterly way to JJ when he thinks about their childhood… she would remind me of our talks in my bedroom…. She would still be the girl with the Greg Long poster in her childhood bedroom….she would still have the absolute most GORGEOUS big brown eyes…she would still be Amanda’s best friend… she would still miss her friend Seth…. She would still be going to school….she would be pursuing a dream to be a nurse… she would still want to help other people…she would still be dreaming of a life better for her boys…

she would still just be… Nic

3 comments:

Tami said...

I miss you sooooo much Snick!
I was going to do this today too, but it was just to painful for me to write it down the way that you did. Thank you for sharing

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TracyMichele said...

:(