Monday, October 26, 2009

BLESSED ~ The Weekend Report Part 2 of 2

After church on Sunday, Glory (whom I didn't even GET a picture with... ggrrrr) asked me to come down and get some of her homemade chicken noodle soup in our function hall... I kinda figured that SOMETHING was up when I had seen that she and her Husband had driven separately to church, the Country Rents were in different cars and when, during my Sunday School class someone walked in with a bag of chips... :) ~ see the said chips there on the end of the AWESOME foodie table? :) I walked in to the ADORABLE table settings and the women from SWBC blessing Minne, Husband and I with a surprise shower :)
SIL L was there with Baby Bit... not sure how she feels about the camera...
or maybe it is because her Mama is lookin' a LITTLE bit sassy here with her ripped up tights :) Lady on the left...had all KINDS to do with putting this pah-ty together... LOVE HER! :)
Hands and Feet cookies are a STAPLE at any shower that MIL has anything to do with... cookies made by Sky and SIL L, frosting... by MIL (oh yes Bets... be jealous.. :) yum yum! :) AND How CUTE is that cake!?!?
Tracy, this is the BEST you're gonna get for a 34 (and 2 days) belly shot... sorry :) CountryMum lined up Sky to help me and she was the BIGGEST help...I have said it before and I'll say it again... EVERYONE needs a SKY! :)
SIL L was given STRICT instructions to NOT LEAVE MY SIDE :) so she didn't :) she kept great track of ALL that people blessed us with...
Even doing double duty to snap photos AND write at the same time :) She has waited for this day for a LONG time :) She is VERY VERY excited for her big brother (even though it kinda looks like she's MAAAADDD :) She's not! :)
I had to work my way through this entire table... and could NOT have done it without Sky handing me each of the gifts and then taking care of them behind me...
(she's 8! you didn't think she'd do it without having a LITTLE fun of her own DID you? :)Ah...the chicken soup maker :) I did tell her she had better NOT be lying about HER HOMEMADE chicken soup JUST to get me into the function hall :) she wasn't :) it's in my fridge and I can't WAIT to eat it tomorrow! :)
Yes... we were BLESSED... There is NO chance this winter baby is NOT going to be snugly warm...
or dressed to the NINES! :) (NOTE the color green... this lady KNOWS me :) it was most DEFINITELY one of my FAVORITE gifts... I can't WAIT to put Minnie in these coordinating pieces :)
ah... she's incognito now... def. wasn't a fan of the camera pointed at her paparazzi style so she's covered up in her dark sunglasses :) P.S. this is Ho-Hahn's VERY DISTANT future wife... if I have anything to say about it and well... if you are GA or Brando... you know I have ALL KINDS of say :) hee hee hee
it was SO fun to see people's excitement and to open all the things that will at some point or another... fit on this "teenie getting not so tiny" person who keeps jamming her foot under my ribs...

but it sure was EXHAUSTING :)

We are BLESSED beyond BLESSED... :)

*SPECIAL THANKS TO MAMA H for taking most of the pictures just so I could BLOG about my OWN shower :)

3 comments:

mykids4hisglory said...

Great pics...great fun!!!

Mama H said...

Such a good time! I can't wait to see Minnie in those outfits!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you save me any cookies with frosting??? Sorry I couldn't make it...thought we were having 4 soccer games but only had one...right in the middle of the day of course. And I had no one to get the littlest one to her game. Can't wait to see all the treasures!

der2jeter