Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dreaming in seasonally INAPPROPRIATE outfits...

I'm definitely coming into the part of PGCY where most women are just about DONE with the clothes. Sure they were comfy at first (like the first 3 months when really you are more concerned with NOT PUKING than you are how your clothes are fitting) but as time goes on, your pants start falling down, your shirts are no longer covering your belly nor are they comfy because the sleeves are too short and you have resorted to whatever shoes fit and do NOT require bending over to lace or tie.
But back to the pants...I can't STAND pants that come up over my belly button as it IS... tack on a belly button that has popped out and it has been all "under-belly" pants for me... which is all well and good...until I sit at a desk all day. And the sides start digging into me... or the band whether it be elastic or "real waisted" is cutting off some sort of circulation to my legs. mmmm GOOD times. Had I been able to wear THIS particular outfit: everyday all day I think I would have made it through to the end no problem... trouble is... I do live in Northern New England.. and I'm seasonally INAPPORPRIATE right now :) not to mention really... who wants to see PG girl in the SAME CLOTHES everyday? Certainly not PG GIRL! :)
Which gets me to dreaming about NEW clothes... mainly new tops to go with cute jeans, cords and pants I already have and I'm HOPING to fit back into at SOME point over the next 9 months. Hey. It took me 9 months (or close to it) to get this big I'm not going to set unREALISTIC expectations of weight loss :)
I'm not a big shopper... I'm more of a bargain girl (thanks to SIL L and Husband :) but I was poking around Old Navy's site and found all kinds of cute options for AFTER January when I'm hoping that the body STARTS to resemble its former self... :)
Seriously doesn't this look SO comfy for lounging about with Minnie and Husband watching football or baking on a Sunday afternoon?

So cute because it IS one of my favorite colors and paired with my funky earrings or my brown mary jane danskos....
Good to dress up a little with a tank underneath and some black pants...
and really... if this shirt doesn't SCREAM "Country Mouse" I don't know WHAT does! :)
My favorite color AND nice and warm... not to mention cotton so no itchies for Mama or Minnie...also easy to wash when she yiffs all over it... because I am a realist

Just looks like comfy casual wear... soft, long sleeved and cute with a vest and scarf
I'm a sucker for black now... I can imagine when I want to start "hiding" things like belly's and muffin tops that this could come in really handy :)
and just because I thought it looked FUN and makes me jump ahead a season and swing right into spring...
Clearly I have too much time on my hands this afternoon... (drafted Friday posted Saturday)

*all images courtesy of Old Navy except the teal striped shirt above which is Motherhood and the flip flops... NO IDEA...

2 comments:

TracyMichele said...

pst... the "girls" will still be on the big side... so don't go all crazy ordering smalls and mediums. :) LOVE the Football Lounge top. Might have to get me one!

Country Mouse said...

:) thanks for the head's up T... I'm NEVER a size sm or med even NOT PG so I'm hoping the larges will work... yikes if not! :)