Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"there's still time..."

Yesterday started my twice weekly... no... no "bi-monthly" but actually TWICE... EVERY WEEK.... ultra-sounds (U/S)... Typically (as in the past 31+weeks) the Dr's actually CALL this high risk PG girl "boring"... and honestly.... we don't mind it that way....

Yesterday I went in expecting a 15 minute appt (which I did have) with no surprises (which I DIDN'T have) and the U/S tech started checking for Minnie's tricks and said...

"so she's breech?" um....SCRREEEECCCHHHHHH. HALT. HOLD THE HORSES!!! WHAT!?!?! I said "no???? She HASN'T been since they started checking around 26 weeks... she's been head down...as of this PAST THURSDAY she was HEAD DOWN!"

The tech looked at me and smiled and said... "not anymore..." :)

Oh Minnie...I thought we were ALL set cruising along "boring" and now you throw a monkey wrench in things :)

It is still early, there IS still plenty of time and she does still have PLENTY of room to flip back over. (Yowch) But it was kind of encourging to know that all the pain and discomfort that I felt this past Friday (so much so, that I got to MIL's for FND and told her "this girl is GROUNDED when she gets out!") was probably the shift and flip.

Ok... well I guess I can't ground her for trying to get comfy...but really....Minnie... PLEASE could you get comfy in the RIGHT position SOONER rather than LATER... you only get bigger as the days go on now....
P.S. that picture above IS NOT ME. *wink*wink* {grin} Here is where I stole it from...

5 comments:

Mama H said...

For a sceond there, I thought that it was YOUR PICTURE again...hahahaha. *WINK*

~ Laurie said...

Didn't you ask her to ger her ski out of your ribcage? I think she was doing simply what you asked!!!

Country Mouse said...

OH no... funny thing is... her feet are in fact jammed up under my ribs... both of them. She is laying on her side so her head and feet are both under my ribs and her bum is down with her spine going along the left of my belly... :) Feet are still up under there... lil'stinker! :)

mykids4hisglory said...

Wow...I thought your 3D ultrasound was cool!!!

Country Mouse said...

Glory: hee hee hee...:)