Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two Weeks ago on Columbus Day...

Minnie was 5lbs 7oz according to U/S and we (Husband and I) were a LITTLE concerned that she was in the 77% for weight... considering that she had gotten progressively higher in the %.

Obviously that is a concern for the diabetic PG Mama... if Minnie is to get in the 90% or higher I will not get an "option" of a c-section they will just schedule it...I was assured at my weekly Dr's appt that Thursday that it had NOTHING to do with my sugars, my fluid level was all where it was supposed to be (if my sugars were high I would have more amniotic fluid than "normal") and I was asked if I had SEEN Husband and the fact that she was a little on the "bigger than average" size could have EVERYTHING to do with genetics and NOTHING to do with the diabetes. PHEW. (except for the part where she was in the 77%... yeah. Hard time letting that one go :)
They check her size every 2 weeks... and Monday was a size check. Minnie is now estimated in the 69% for weight at 6lbs 2oz... and I'm pretty sure... at LEAST 1/2 that weight is being carried in her (insert my last name) bum and her FEET. The tech scanned this pic of her foot and said "do you see that footprint? She's pushing on your side" I said... "DO YOU FEEL HOW CLOSE IT IS TO MY RIBS!?!?" :) She giggled.
You should be able to click on the picture above to see it bigger...
She also tried to get another 3/D pic for me but that dern placenta is most def. in the way. She did mention... "well I see some BIG CHEEKS!" Hrrrmmm... I wonder where she gets THOSE from?? :)
Keep up the good work Minnie... lookin' like we'll see yah after Thanksgiving :)

No comments: