Friday, June 6, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!

Later Date :) (Picture is only about 4-5 years old judging by the size of Rebound :)

When I got home yesterday (Husband had gone to run errands after Track so I was the first one home) I noticed the outside lights were on... weird... I thought to myself but maybe I just didn't notice when I'd left the house in the AM... I came through the door and put my stuff down and proceeded to head upstairs to change my clothes.... as I was walking up the stairs I noticed that the living room lights were on.... I knew I had not turned them on but thought perhaps Husband had and because it was light out when I left maybe I didn't notice that either before I left for work.... I looked across the balcony and saw that the basketball hoop had been taken off the rungs of the balcony (yes we do have a nerf hoop set up in our living room... :) then I noticed that Husband's lamp on his nightstand was UNPLUGGED. Ok, NOW I'm starting to FREEEEAAAKKKK out.... I did not make my bed that morning, there were some "unmentionables" on the bed and I KNEW someone had been in my bedroom.... I grabbed the upstairs phone and called Husband IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I calmly (yah right) asked if he had been home yet praying that was the case but he assured me he had gone straight to do errands. I started to run through the above list and he started to chuckle.... L.R. he said... :) our brother in law.... I said WHAT? Why was he here??? he said that L.R. had left him a voicemail on his phone to let him know he'd come over to fix our deck railing and repair some of the ballisters that had come loose on our balcony inside.

WHAT A SURPRISE AND A WONDERFUL thing to come home to!!! :) Now if I could just get him to call paranoid wife and leave ME a message :)

Thanks so much L.R. and know that I have created your own version of a honey-do list that you will find on the fridge the next time you want to let yourself in to do some household repairs! :) :) And no worries... we'll gladly pay the extra on the electric bill from the lights being left on! :)

4 comments:

TracyMichele said...

Well, THAT is a twist. Someone breaks in and REPAIRS things? Sheesh. That would be news-worthy down here! haha.

Mama H said...

But why was he in the bedroom with the 'unmentionables'!!?? Am I lost? I love my brother dearly but I'm lost...What does the light in the bedroom have to do with the balcony?

mykids4hisglory said...

That's an awesome treat!!! BIL are such a blessing!!!

Country Mouse said...

Mama H ~ :) he apparantly took the light from the bedroom to plug in on the balcony because he needed MORE light. :) My bad for not making my bed or cleaning up the unmentionables before leaving for work :) hee hee hee