Monday, June 2, 2008

On my mind...

Had an emotional couple of days...

Friday night I had the priviledge of visiting (while there was a party goin' on downstairs) with my friend Patty. She has cancer. That does not define her, though I bet it feels like that is the case now for her, as well as her family. But she is a wife, a best friend, a mother to 6 and a Christian. These are the things that define her. Her love for her family pours out of her very being, her pride and her admiration of their accomplishments and her fears and worries of their imperfections. These are the things that define her.

The news of Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter, of Todd (Selah) and Angie Smith's daughter, and now Nicol and Greg Sponberg's son makes my heart hurt. I don't even KNOW these people but their grief hurts my heart. Their faith, inspires me.

I listened to my Phillips, Craig and Dean CD on the way into work today and just let their song "Your Grace Still Amazes Me" pour out of me... I can never make it through that song without crying. Through all we have been through this past year God is still faithful, His grace still amazes me.

There are definately parts I don't "get". Things I don't "understand" but it is resting easy and finding His peace in knowing that He DOES get it. That He DOES understand. And that in His time is the right way.