Friday, June 13, 2008

Prayer Requests

Today (Friday) my SIL and nephew are taking off on a trek across our state, by bicycle. They start today and end on Sunday traveling an average of 60 miles each day. Math is not my strong subject but I just used a calculator and yes.... that is 180 miles over three days. An average of about 6 hours each day on their tandem bike.



They are doing it in honor of my FIL for the American Lung Association. I cannot express how PROUD of them I am. How much these two are stepping WAY out of their comfort zone. How amazing I think it is that a mother would guide and try to ease her children through the grieving process with something so positive.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. For safety, for good weather, for dry air, light traffic on their route, for no mechanical troubles, for good health, for bodies that are able to keep up with how far they are pushing them, for traveling mercies of my BIL and Sky who are in a vehicle to meet them at rest stops, for Sky to be patient and understanding, and for good food that extremely picky SIL will eat to recharge her slightly anemic-self!! :)

We are going up on Saturday night and will meet up with everyone for dinner. Sunday we will all caravan to the finish line. I cannot WAIT to see them cross! So proud.

10 comments:

mykids4hisglory said...

I've been praying for them all week!!! I think it's amazing...what a great way to cope with the sadness...and ending on Father's Day...WOW!!! I wish I could be there to see such a beautiful event!!!
God Bless!

der2jeter said...

Okay so very nicely written my sister. Lots of tears flowing for me after reading this. I asked for my work team to keep them in their thoughts and prayers yesterday at a team meeting and couldn't get through that without getting choked up. Thank you for writing this!

Country Mouse said...

der2jeter: Husband and I prayed together this AM and I was losing it :) See you tomorrow!!! :)

JJ, J, CJ and L said...

We will be praying for the entire family during this very difficult weekend. Kudos to to L & D, what a great thing to do in memory of such a special man!! :)

der2jeter said...

Okay so I just shared this with Kathy and I started crying all over again. She has asked for your email address so I hope it is okay that I share. Then I came here to post my comment and read J, J and CJ's comment and started crying all over again. More tissues please!

Country Mouse said...

Of course you can give my email/blog address to Kathy. Just let her know that if she starts to be a faithful blog reader she MUST comment. I MUST HAVE COMMENTS :)

TracyMichele said...

"Dear Lord, I don't really know where to start. Do we pray first for safety? for strength? Or do we pray that in their weakness they remember you and your unfailing strength? Do we pray that this endeavor not only mends broken hearts, but draws a mother and son's heart closer together and in turn closer to you? Do we pray for clear weather? Or do we pray that any rain will remind your two faithful children of your love pouring down around them as well as the love their father/grandfather poured out on them while he was with us? I'm at a loss, God. I don't know where to start. You know their needs before they do and we trust you to meet them.. no matter how big or small. Indeed we ask that your children are protected. Keep motorists alert when passing the bikers. And finally, give L strength to carry her son.. much like the strength your son had when carrying our cross. Provide L with every opportunity to feel your presence and speak it to her loving and faithful son. Lord, I really don't know how to pray for this situation so I will just raise them up and ask that your will be done.
We bring all these things to the foot of the cross in the name of your loving son, Jesus. Amen."

Country Mouse said...

Yep. Tears. Love you Trace!

Beaner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaner said...

What an amazing experience.....:) thank you ALL for your thoughts and prayers as we were taking on a journey we never in a million years thought we would do.....:) wow.... it was awesome.... thank you to my son for taking on this challenge with me and the 2 friends who did it with us......I can't say enough how incredible they are for doing it with us.... for fam that came up to cheer us on...we thank you.. so cool to come into a reststop with you all cheering us on...what a rush.... T.... your prayer makes me bawl everytime I read it.... what awesome words they were......:) thank you.....:)S and hubby....you were incredible support for us this weekend....S was our biggest fan......:) thank you sweet pea......:) again... thank you ALL for your prayers..... we are home safe and just a tad sore.....:)