Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Track is OVER!!

Well... "officially" I guess but there is still the big regional meet this weekend... Husband has TWO girls competing. VERY impressive! Tonight (Tuesday) was our (his) :) annual BBQ banquet... BYOMeat to grill and hang out, get awards, name captians for next year blah blah blah :) good time :) (honestly, he is the CUTEST thing EVER!! :)

Every year... there is one.... one girl that he tries to give the coach's award to and he loses it. I find this ENDEARING coming from a man who swore that he would NEVER coach girls to his female college professor... guess what he's been doing for almost 20 years? :) tee hee hee... I do think God has a sense of humor :) he LOVES these girls... so this year it was Katherine... he honestly could NOT get through the speech.... So we all nervously laugh and he chuckles... and says "Katherine, just come up here!!!" :) Honestly... it's a good thing this one below is pretty much a guaranteed MVP (highest points scored) because I canNOT imagine him making it through a GA speech next year.... :) We do LOVE this girl!
Baby, you are the WORLD'S greatest coach! (I should know! ~ stealing your witty comeback Tracy! :) I am so proud of you!!! I love you!!

Speaking of love.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY NEW GREEN TANK TOP! :) WORE it tonight Bets and I LOVE IT!!!!! LOVE the color, LOVE the fit, LOVE LOVE LOVE the tank! :) I know you don't like green but I sure am glad that you bought this for ME :) :) thank you!

7 comments:

der2jeter said...

YIPPEE!!! I am so glad you like it. Yeah...picking out green things would not be my specialty so I am glad I got it right!

der2jeter said...

Oh yeah forgot to mention that we all do LOVE GA! My kids mention her quite a bit. In fact they were wondering why she wasn't at your birthday party on Sunday. The little ones were hoping she was going to be there.

Good luck GA! You are the BESTEST!

Mama H said...

Awww...I love your mooshy moments with your husband!

Country Mouse said...

:) Don't think I didn't ask S if I could invite her... too bad she was in KS :)

Anonymous said...

I would have rather gone to your b-day....just don't tell forrest that!! haha!!=]

Country Mouse said...

GA ~ My lips are SEALED! :) No ride in the boat for THEM this year! :)

TracyMichele said...

Ok.. I was sad that you stole my witty remark BUT as I was struggling to come up with something Hubs was looking over my shoulder. He said, "Is he CRYING?". teehee. Then he finished with, "SEE.. now THAT is a man who should be teaching/coaching. If every teacher would be as emotionally connected, our public school system would rock". So.. hats off to S!! You have clearly impressed Hubs. :)